Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rasha and Grandpa’s papers:

When I was 2 years, I looked almost four and talked good English - for my age.-ha-ha!( this is actually true)My grandpa thought I could write. Ironically, I could not even draw a straight line

He didn’t know this and would lend me papers thinking I would practice writing.

I would just scribble circles in a sequence -for me they meant my curly hair.

One day my grandpa saw this and asked me what I was doing. Without hesitation I replied –mere annda, annda baal- which meant my egg like hair. To make a direct translation –my eggy eggy hair. He was still kind enough to lend me papers.

5 comments:

UGLYRAED said...

awww nice story!!!!I remember,when i was young i kept drawing circles in my cousins copy book and used to say that i was doing his homework.until my mom found out:p

Zeba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

na-na, rehne do, mat mithao inhe
in lakeeron ko yun hi rehne do
nanhe nanhe gulaabi haathon se
mere masoom bachche ne
tedhi-medhi lakeerien keenchi hai.
kya hua 'shakl' ban saki na agar
mere achche ka haath hai in mein
meri pehchan hai lakeeron mein.
(Gulzar)

Rasha Talkhani said...

To crazymindseye

Wah! wah! Wonderful Lyrics

Anonymous said...

That was a poem that Sampoorn Singh Gulzar wrote when his daughter Meghana Gulzar alias Bosky (her nick name) was young and would scribble on the walls..