Thursday, September 24, 2009

The grumpy days

This was one of those grumpy days when my mom asked me to go to the super market just when I woke up (Don’t ask me the time) to buy bread and butter. I kept on pestering her that if she forgot to tell me to buy something, which she normally does, that I won’t go back. I rode to the market making a grumpy face. I soon reached the supermarket and bought the stuff, headed back home talking to myself as I walked among the trees and reached home. After talking to my mother I had to run back to the supper market again!.

No! my mother didn’t forget this time, but, I did! I forgot my brand new bike which I rode to the market. It is not one of those simple bikes with just two wheels and one working break. It is a bike with 15 gears. It is a combination of white and pink with splashes of black. We bought it the day it was launched. So you can imagine how worried I was. I got even more worried remembering my sister’s new Huffy bike which got stolen couple of months ago from East Pool. I was almost their, I couldn’t believe my eyes I didn’t see the bike I ran further. I found my bike safe and sound It was my happiest moment. Don’t you think this was a nice adventure to begin the day with?

2 comments:

Zeba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Adaab

We mourn and celebrate for the same thing... Opposing emotions stem out from the same element... Cycle is that thing/ element which caused anxiety in you and then brought the relief in you...

Kahlil Gibran beautifully said: IS NOT THE CUP THAT HOLD YOUR WINE THE VERY CUP THAT WAS BURNED IN THE POTTERS OVEN? AND IS NOT THE FLUTE THAT SOOTHES YOUR SPIRIT THE VERY WOOD THAT WAS HOLLOWED WITH KNIVES?

The Sanskrit hymn
AATMAI'VA HY ATMAANO BANDHU,
ATMAI'VA RIPURAATMANAH
(The Self Alone Is The Friend To The Self, And The Self Alone Is The Enemy To The Self) also, in a way, makes a similar point..

Am i making sense?????

Peace,
Samvartha 'Sahil'